While browsing the forums one day, a fellow etsy seller started a forum that mentioned how her sales were increasing . She explained her participation in Little Black Boxes (http://www.thelittleblackboxes.com/).
Little Black Boxes is run by Kimberlee Keane, who collects handmade sample items that sellers donate. In turn she puts together "little black boxes" inserting about 15+ handmade items plus valuable coupons from most of the sellers. These boxes are for sale once a month, and she always sells out! Not only does she assemble all the boxes, she also features each contributing seller who has donated items. She also blogs frequently about different seller's shops, purchases items for herself to review, and does giveaways. All this and she has a pleasant sense of humor!
This is a genius way to get your product into the hands
of potential buyers!
I bought the August Box and received alot of cool things, that I have used! See my picture, these are the actual items I received!
I love this concept of getting your shop noticed, and I plan on participating in the future. One of the benefits of purchasing a box is that you get to see, touch and wear what others handmake. I know that I will be purchasing items from the sellers who participated when normally I would not if not for the hands on aspect. If you have been a participant of Little Black Boxes, or have purchased your own little black box, comment and share your success story, I would love to hear it!


4 comments:
The new background is great!
cool!! that actually is a great Idea!
What a genius idea! On my to-do list!
I've always been curious as to whether the black boxes helped sales. I'll be interested to her about your experiences.
Post a Comment